Comments on Baby Hummingbird Pictures
I appreciate the folks who have Email'ed me about my
Baby Hummingbird pictures
here's a sampling of those delightful comments plus various blog posts.
You can Email me your comments
and I'd love to hear which picture was your favorite.
- AkiaD: Dude, you and your pictures ROCK!
- AlanG: You have scooped me again. I had some decent hummingbird pictures from my Costa Rica trip - including some nest shots, but nothing like this. Nice job. It is amazing how small they are and how they buzz around. The HD video is incredible!
- BobL: A marvellous sequence of photographs!
Note that while many people have the belief that to fledge means to leave the nest, it means sufficently feathered to leave the nest, not the leaving of it. Best wishes and thanks for your fine work with the birds.
- Bulldog: That just might be the neatest thing I have seen in a while - excellent photos and outstanding videos - you did a super job everything 1st class.
- ChristineI: Wow! an amazing series of photo's and videos. I couldn't stop going back to have another look. Magnificent, well done.
- DebP: Loads of PHOTOS .. some "inter-active" and VIDEOS! this hummer site is GOLD! I just "skimmed" thru it and that took 15 mins - will have to spend more TIME looking at it. Note photos: some say 1 of 8: stop. look. the photos will MOVE & CHANGE right b4 ur eyes ! others say "move mouse over Photo". DO IT! this site is phenomenal!
- DitaH: These images are AMAZING - thanks so much for sharing. My daughter especially enjoyed them...she's going to look for some in our backyard :)
- GregO: AMAZING photography, Alek! Must have asked this before, but are you sure you don't work for National Geographic?
- HeidiK: I would LOVE to have some nesting hummingbirds in HeidiTown!!! We welcome birds of all kinds. :-) I adored the pictures and also posted it on Facebook. Absolutely wonderful. I have never seen anything like it. Enjoyed the red tail hawk photos as well as the great horned owl photos too. I look forward to more bird photos!
- Hugh: I've seen a lot of humming bird nest pics over the years but these are really outstanding. You have to play around a little to see some of the sequences but well worth the effort.
- JackieM: Alek Komarnitsky parked himself near the hummingbird nest and took a series of absolutely gorgeous photos as the babies grew, as well as some HD footage. My favorite image is the one showing a housefly that had landed on the nest, thus providing perspective for just how tiny the nest and baby hummingbirds really were. And this 30-second video of the mother hummingbird feeding her chicks is total eye candy for bird lovers. Oh dear, there's a whole series on a house finch nest, too. What a great way to spend my post-operative time! I've already spent over an hour and am late for lunch, but it's so fascinating.
- Jak: These images and videos are STUNNING!!! Each image, each embedded photo sequence - the videos - this is a veritable treasure chest of information. Thank you. I almost feel I've been given the privilege of reaching out and touching these amazing little creatures myself. Thank you so much for sharing.
- JoanV: Thank you (and your camera) for letting me see Mother Nature up front and> personal. I really enjoyed seeing the photos of the> humming birds and the owls. Most of us don't have the opportunity to see nature this close. Thank you so much for your sharing and for your time and patience in doing these.
- KathyH: Colorado resident Alek Komarnitsky has been at it again. His hobby is taking amazing high-definition still pictures and capturing live video footage of Colorado birds. His latest work features a tiny hummingbird nest, complete with the mama and two babies. It's beautiful work.
- Kubatre1: This is an incredibly elaborate nest. Beautiful pictures. That these galleries are not enough in the net. (Polish Translation)
- MaryM: These are the the most incredible images I have ever seen of any bird. The photographer is extremely talented and knowledgeable. Beautiful!!!!
- NickS: Thank you so much for the new photos! You have a remarkable photographic eye and ability to put that eye to good use. Your photos are professional and so delightful to view. The hummingbird sequence was downright fantastic. Thanks for sharing with the world. I know hummingbirds are small, so am doubly impressed by the sharpness of your shots. And given that the nest was, essentially, right out there, wow...words don't do my reactions justice.
Keep up the good work!
- Odaatnaz: The most amazing pictures ever! I just wish my Dad, big hummingbird lover, was alive to see this. I remember Johnny Carson used to share his love of hummingbirds and photographing them on the tonite show.
- PaulK: A "rare broadcast email" from you is always welcome. I really enjoy your photography and pass it along to others with similar interests. Super cool!
- PeggyT: Just spent an hour looking at all your pictures of the hummingbirds and the Finches. Your photography is absolutely beautiful. I just can.t imagine how you do the things you did and am in awe. I have never seen the birds so close that you can count the feathers. Thanks for sharing Gods awesome works with us and continue doing what you do so well.
- Renee: Wow! That's the sweetest thing ever! I have a hummingbird feeder I bought online last year at Yard Envy and I was amazed at the action it brought in. I saw babies and mommies swarming around...but never anything as cute as this! The most beautiful pictures of a baby hummingbird nest you've ever seen.
- RobT: Fantastic job, this is a super photo and all the others are great as well. You made the most of a wonderful opportunity, Alek
- RochelleK: OMG, award winning photos, really, look like they came out of a magazine. My kids are at sleepaway, they loved the house finch photos. I can't wait to look at these with them when they get back. Thanks for sharing
- RussellG: Wow - absolutely stunning photography. Please do keep these coming. I still go back to look at some of your Antarctic photos.
- SarahL: The photos of the hummingbirds are some of the most wonderful photos of these beautiful little birds I have seen. I live in the Bahamas and we have a lot of them about but I have never managed to get some superb photos. I will like to order some prints.
- ShirleyG: I took some photos of hummers in my yard with my little Canon Power Shot A2000 and thought they were pretty good and then someone sends me your Hummer photos and I am blown away. There were gorgeous. You captured them the way God would have if He had a camera. A super thank you for sharing.
- TomR: Great pics - I work as a tour guide in Costa Rica and our clients would die to get one of those pics during a tour.
- Toni: These photos are insane! Why don't you work for the Discovery Channel?! You've missed your calling!
- VickiG: Again, truly amazing photographs. Thanks for sharing. I was impressed at how well you could capture the iridescent colors. Beautiful.
- Vkimbell: Will be hard to top these photographs. Amazing how well-disguised the nest was even with the newly hatched chicks in it and especially in such a vulnerable location of a low branch. Thorough series! Thanks very much for sharing this!
- WandaF: As always, completely awesome! I watch the hummingbirds come to the feeders in my backyard, but it's nothing like this. I didn't actually know they had tongues! Thanks for sharing these great photos and the Polar Bears!