Colorado Vacation Road trip
For Summer/2007, our family went on a two week long Colorado Road Trip
starting on Saturday, June 30th.
We loaded up the
and put 1,400 miles on it doing a loop round-trip of SouthWest Colorado
with a dip into New Mexico. We fortunately had good weather (especially because
we were camping) and saw all that we had planned ... plus a few bonus'es.
That part of the country is beautiful and I'd highly recommend this trip.
Pictures and stories coming soon
- We next spent 5 days at YMCA Camp Shaver in Northern New Mexico
- Then back to Colorado for 2 days in Durango
- Followed by 2 nights and a full day in Mesa Verde National Park
- The obligatory drive out to Four Corners - total time spent there - 20 minutes!
- Then up North to Telluride for 3 days
- Then Ouray for 2 days
- Head home with a long stop at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and over Cottonwood Pass
Overall, it was a great time, although it had its moments as do all road trips.
I kept joking about making a 4 hour detour to see the world's second
big ball of string - aka Chevy Chase's Vacation - remember, I'm the
Christmas Lights Dude
My wife is already planning our road trip for next year! ;-)
Another nifty vaction spot many people visit Colorado for is
Rocky Mountain National Park ... which fortunately for us, is just an hour or so away.