LPRng, 10/98 -
Alek`s Free Personal Web Pages
<=== Navigation Buttons
- NT clients print by routing files to NT print servers
- They in turn route to the appropriate lp-(bldg) LPRng print server
- Unix clients route directly to the lp-(bldg) LPRng print server
- Note that NT client users *CAN* remove their own print jobs
- Since only a few NT print servers, not a need to do massive updates
- But remember, with 1,000+ printers and a 3-year average change cycle:
- EVERY day something changes!!!
- Nightly Email with changes available
- lpinfo shows comparison of plotter.data w/NT Registry
- Mo, Joe, and Curly are the trained professionals here - use them!!!
- Discussions about print server being on NT sometime down the road ...