LPRng, 10/98 -
Alek`s Free Personal Web Pages
<=== Navigation Buttons
- Public Domain: download, compile, install, rock-n-roll!
- We run "out-of-the-box" with very few minor documented changes
- Supported platforms are SunOS4, SunOS5, HPUX09, HPUX10, IRIX6
- Drop in rdist location and push out across all of DOMAIN
- We push to ~100 $SERVERS and 1,200+ clients automount from there
- All of this ONLY done when new version of software needed
- Three (?) times in the last year ... typically ADMIN1 & ADMIN2 work ...
- Can do selective updates for testing purposes
- Currently running LPRng3.5.2 with CTI-ifhp-2.2.8 filters
- You still need to run inst on the UNIX host
- Moves aside vendor stuff and drops in symlinks to LPRng software
- Built in exceptions: Telecomm, Solaris2.4, CAP hosts, etc.