- Swatch, Feb/2000 -
Alek`s Free Personal Home Pages
<=== Navigation Buttons
- Home grown extensions code is not too clean/modular/etc.
- Let Networking watch the network - focus is for Sysadmins
- A LOT of data gets generated ... signal/noise ratio problem
- Reboots send a flurry of messages (Solaris at kern.info thankfully)
- Mr. Swatch needs to go to Sysadmin school - is it a real or transient?
- Mr. Swatch CAN auto-fix (ex: nscd) ... but have to be VERY careful doing this ...
- Some problems hard to fix so have to filter (ex: nntp from MACs)
- Some problems hard to get people to fix/understand (ex: FDDI ring)
- Management attention (users aren`t complaining ... so who cares?)
- Sysadmins do "bad" things ... but don`t know/care (ex: poor root/sudo usage)