- Swatch, Feb/2000 -
Alek`s Free Personal Home Pages
<=== Navigation Buttons
Stuff learned from Swatch
- Server/subnet outages (with help from pingem)
- Security monitoring - oddball stuff
- Duplicate DNS CNAME Records (now daily forwarding to Networking)
- le2 Network interface configured ... not hooked up
- Mis-configured printer and automount entries
- Thermal warning/overheats on Ultra`s (bunch of "bad" fans)
- People doing sudo/root stuff they really should not be
- bad spots on disk, RAM errors (even correctable ones)
- Notification of RAID disk/controller failure
- Room/Servers getting too warm (convinced facilites they had a problem! ;-)
- AUTOFIX of nscd problems - QUITE cool!
- Applications problems (know before the users do)
- Automatic notification to Sysadmins/Users of disk-full conditions
- LOTS of other misc.
- Auto-paging/Email on server outage is REAL nice ...
- General pro-active/good feeling that Mr. Swatch is watching things! ;-)