1960's Trivia Quiz
Trivia Contest - a special 60's prize for the winner! ;-)
One point for each correct answer .... although some questions can be worth more than one point.
I LOST our original answers for these ... but thanx to JodyP who
re-research'ed 'em and sent me some answers.
Even though you were in diapers for part of this decade, we hope you remember something about "The Sixties"
- What colors were the "Rock'em Sock'em Robots"?
- What toy car was introduced in 1968?
- What were the stickers called that made fun of actual products?
- What year did the FDA approve the birth control pill?
- When (Month and Year) was President Kennedy assassinated?
- What city hosted the 1967 World's Fair?
- What was the date of the first moon landing?
- The first "Superbowl" game was in 1967 - The Green Bay Packers won - who lost and what was the Score?
- "I guess that's so, we don't have a pot, but at least I'm sure of all the things we got" was sung by whom and what was the title of song?
- "See Mrs. Gray, she's proud today, because her roses are in bloom" was sung by whom and what was the title of the song?
- "Gazing from my window to the streets below, on a freshly silent shroud of snow" was sung by whom and what was the title of the song?
- In 1969, Mike Collins stood by while his two companions did what?
- In 1964, Jonas Grumby was the captain of what TV ship?
- Who lived at 1313 Mockingbird Lane?
- In 1967, what game outsold the Monopoly?
- In 1969, who was Captain America better known as to moviegoers?
- What year were the touch-tone phone and the cassette tape recorder introduced?
- The most expensive movie made in the early sixties cost $44 million and starred Elizabeth Taylor - what was the title?
- What product had the tag line "Cleans like the White Tornado?"
- What year were Zip Codes introduced?
- What team joined baseball in 1962?
- What Nobel Prize winner killed himself in 1961?
- In 1963, things cost a lot less - what was the price of these items:
- Movie ticket?
- McDonalds hamburger?
- A gallon of gas?
- A postage stamp?
- However, some things cost more. Today the average price of this household item is $275, but in 1963, it cost a whopping $400. What was the item?
The answers to the following questions can be found in the slide show or among the Alek paraphernalia:
- What notable landmark shown in the slide show no longer exists?
- What was Alek's rank and service in the Armed Forces?
- To the nearest thousand, how may X-mas lights appear in the slide show?
- Where was Dirk conceived?
- What time was sunset tonight?
- What do Nuclear Bombs do?
- List as many of the different modes of transportation that are shown in the slide show: (Hint: a car is one, a plane is another, there are at least 20). Quarter point for each correct answer . minus one point for false answers, so don't make 'em up!
- What significant event happened the day after the sausage daiquiris? (No real clues on this one, very hard, but points awarded for good guesses - also be sure to ask Alek about these flavorful daiquiris)
- What was the significance of Alek's initials at the time he was born?
- What was Alek wearing when he when he got together with Wendy for the first time?
- What is significant about "ZS-SAV" (tough one, but two clues exist and worth two points if you can identify it, and two more points if you can figure out two significant things about it).